Vernier Caliper Model Documents
This material has 2 associated documents. Select a document title to view a document's information.
edited by Loo Kang Wee and Wolfgang Christian
The Vernier Caliper model shows the principle of operation and the physical parts of a Vernier Caliper.
The Vernier calipers model has
- an object (Blue) for the internal jaws to measure width of an object with slider to control width of the object and simple drag action to control position of object.
- an object (Green) for external jaws to measure internal diameter of a cylinder for example with slider to control dimensions of the cylinder.
- checkbox for answer to show the meaning of reading on the main scale and the vernier scale with zero error calculations if any.
- drop down menu of the various common vernier scales for sense making and additional testing out by learners their ideas of how vernier works.
- fine <> control buttons for learners to manipulate the model with single incremental precision
- slider control for fast changes in the vernier measurement
- reset button to bring simulaton back to original (default)
- Download ejs_ntnu_VernierCaliper.jar - 1451kb Java Archive File
Last Modified June 13, 2014
This file has previous versions.